- Listen in to what’s happening in the room
- View files and the web history
- See messages and photos
- Taking secret pictures of smartphone owners
- Pinpoint exactly where a user is (to a much more sophisticated level than a typical GPS system)
- Dreamy Smurf – It lets the smartphone be powered ON and OFF.
- Nosey Smurf – It lets the spy agencies turn the Microphone ON and listen in on user’s conversations, even if the phone itself is turned OFF, as they have other tools to turn it ON.
- Tracker Smurf – It is a Geolocation tool that lets spies follow you with a greater precision than you would get from a typical triangulation of mobile phone towers.
- Paranoid Smurf – It hides the fact from the smartphone owners that someone has taken control of their phones. The tool will stop users from recognising that their smartphones have been tampered with in case it is taken in for a service.
“That is a specially crafted message that is texted to your number like any other message but when it arrives at your phone it is hidden from you,” Snowden told the BBC Monday. “It does not display. You paid for it [smartphone] but whoever controls the software owns the phone.”
NSA Spends $1 Billion on Similar Program
“I have volunteered to go to prison with the government many times,” Snowden said in the interview. “What I will not do is I will not serve as a deterrent to people trying to do the right thing in difficult situations.”
“If you’re asking me my opinion, he’s going to die in Moscow,” Hayden said. “He’s not coming home.”