- A working SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) server to send email
- A Mailing Software
How to Send Spoofed Emails via Gmail Android App?
“[This] extra quotes [in the display name] triggers a parsing bug in the Gmail app, which causes the real email to be invisible,” Zhu told Motherboard.
Google – ‘The Bug isn’t a Security Vulnerability’
“Filed a Gmail Android bug that lets me fake sender email address. [Google] said it’s not a security issue. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.” Zhu tweeted.
Here’s How to Protect Yourself from Spoofed Emails
- Turn on your Spam Filters – Almost every email service offers spam filters and junk boxes that dump spoof emails to your junk mail.
- Learn to Read Email message headers, and Trace IP addresses – Tracking down the source of spam is a good practice. When you receive a suspicious email, open the header, and see if the IP address of the sender matches up with previous emails from the same person.
- Never Click on a Suspicious Link or Download an Unfamiliar Attachment – Always pay attention to the emails you receive and avoid clicking links in email or downloading email attachments. Go to your bank’s official website, or other websites directly from the browser and log into your account to find what they want you to see.
- Keep your PC’s Antimalware Up-to-Date.