How Does Linux.Wifatch Work?
- Change their default password,
- Close potentially vulnerable Telnet port immediately
“To any NSA and FBI agents reading this: please consider whether defending the U.S. Constitution against all enemies, foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden’s example.” he says in the blog post.
How to Secure Your Wireless Router?
Essential Security Measures
- Use a Firewall to block all incoming connections
- Enforce a password policy
- Make sure to offer the lowest level of privileges to programs
- Disable AutoPlay
- Turn off file sharing if not needed
How to Remove ‘Linux.Wifatch’ Malware?
- Resetting your device; as it will remove the Linux.Wifatch malware
- Keeping your device’s software and firmware up to date
- Changing any default passwords that may be in use
- Resetting your passwords routinely
More Ways to Protect your Network
- Turning on your wireless router’s encryption setting
- Turn the Firewall On
- Change Default Passwords
- Change the default “SSID” (service set identifier) of your devic
- Turn Network Name Broadcasting Off
- Use the MAC Address Filter