When we heard Samsung would be working on an 18.4-inch Android tablet, we nearly lost our… well, you know. That’s huge, and probably impractical for most users’ typical needs.
But one new detail might curb our excitement just a tad. According to information received by SamMobile, Samsung’s device will have just 1080p resolution. That’s still enough for a nice sharp image, but considering phones are coming in at as high as 2560 x 1440 we expected a little more.
RAM is also a bit on the low side at just 2GB, especially when the new smartphones they launched today comes with double that amount. That aside, if that doesn’t bother you this thing should be plenty sufficient in other areas. Here are the specs:
- Codenamed ‘Tahoe’
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- 18.4-inch TFT LCD display
- 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution,
- octa-core 64-bit 1.6GHz Exynos 7580 processor
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage
- microSD card slot (supporting up to 128GB cards)
- 5,700 mAh battery
- 8-megapixel primary camera
- 2.1-megapixel secondary camera
- 451.8 mm wide, 275.8 mm tall, and 11.9 mm thick
Of course, it’s likely that this rumor could turn out to be inaccurate, so there’s still reason to hold out hope on a more savory device if this isn’t sounding as sweet as you thought it would.